Erasmus+ programme for students from universities from member countries (KA103): EU member countries, Turkey, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and North Macedonia.
If you are thinking of carrying out an international mobility period at the University of Valladolid (UVa) within the framework of this programme, you must first contact the the office responsible for international mobility at your home university. They will inform you if there is an Erasmus+ agreement between our universities in your field of study and how to apply.
If you cannot obtain this information, you can contact our International Relations Office through the email email@example.com.
If you are not eligible to participate in this programme, it is also possible to carry out a study period of free mobility at the UVa within the framework of Visiting Students Programme.
If you want to complete a full study programme and obtain a degree at the UVa, you can find all the information on admission to undergraduate, master’s and doctoral studies.
You will also find more practical information for your stay in our Welcome Guide.
Nomination of international mobility students by partner universities
- Deadline for first semester (September to February) or full academic year (September to July) mobility: April 30.
- Deadline for second semester (February to July) mobility: October 30.
The number of mobility places is established in the Erasmus+ agreement that the UVa has signed with your home university.
1. The home university must send the following information about nominated students to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
- Full name.
- E-mail address.
- Mobility period: first semester, second semester or full academic year.
- Study field.
- Type of mobility: for studies, traineeship or double degree.
- Erasmus code of the home university.
2. The University of Valladolid will contact the students to provide them with the necessary information to complete their registration and international mobility application.
If you have been selected for an international mobility at the University of Valladolid.
As soon as we receive the notification of your selection, we will send you a message with the necessary information to complete your registration and international mobility application at the UVA.
For registration and international mobility application are:
- First semester of full academic year: May 30
- Second semester: November 30
- Identity document or passport.
- B1 level certificate (CEFRL) of the languages of instruction (Spanish and/or English) of the courses chosen, if it is not the mother tongue.
- European Health Insurance Card and travel assistance insurance, which must include international medical transport and repatriation, valid in Spain throughout the stay.
- Learning agreement.
Prepare the study programme you will carry out at the University of Valladolid.
Once you have completed your registration and application, the next step is to start preparing your learning agreement, so that you can have it duly completed before the beginning of the enrolment process for your mobility semester.
You must use the learning agreement document provided by your home university.
First of all, you must contact the academic person responsible for your mobility at your home university, so that they can help you choose your courses.
Once you have the document signed by the academic person responsible for your mobility at your home university, you can contact the academic responsible person for your mobility at the UVa for their approval.
You can choose from all the courses taught at the UVa school or faculty to which your mobility is assigned, and you can also include courses from other UVa schools or faculties, provided that the person responsible for your mobility at the UVa approves it.
You can take a maximum of 60 ECTS if your mobility is for a full academic year or 30 ECTS per semester. The minimum number of credits you can take must be established by your home university.
You must take into account that the UVa has campuses in the cities of Valladolid, Palencia, Segovia and Soria. Due to the distance between the different campuses, you will only be able to choose courses that are taught on the Valladolid and Palencia campuses simultaneously, provided that the academic persons responsible for your mobility approve it. All other campus combinations are more than 100 km away.
You must include the full name and code of each course.
You must make sure that the courses you choose are taught in the period in which you are going to carry out your mobility: first semester, second semester or annual.
You must also make sure that the courses you choose have compatible schedules. You can find information about the schedules of each course in the information about each study plan on the UVa website or on the website of the faculty or school where it is taught.
You should bear in mind that some courses have different groups, with different schedules. Some courses may have several groups of theory and practice. As an international mobility student, you can choose the groups that best suit you to be able to reconcile your schedules.
If you have chosen master courses, your learning agreement must also be signed by the person responsible for the corresponding master’s degree.
You can find information about all the courses taught at the UVa at the university website: Bachelor and Master’s degrees.
Although Spanish is the language of instruction of most of the courses, the UVa also offers courses taught in English:
Plan your mobility period at the University of Valladolid
- We recommend that you read all the available information concerning your international mobility period at the UVa thoroughly.
- Prepare the learning agreement you will carry out at the University of Valladolid, following the instructions in the previous section.
- Check the academic calendar and plan your stay.
- Arrival: We will send you the details of the welcome and orientation day for international mobility students well in advance. Orientation will take place a few days before the beginning of each semester.
- Return: To have a more specific idea of when your study period will end, you will be able to check the dates of your exams once they have been published. Bear in mind that the first exam period is followed by a resit exam period.
- If your mobility destination is at the UVa campus of Palencia, Segovia or Soria, you can also contact the international relations office of those campuses if you need any kind of practical information for your stay:
- Palencia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Segovia: email@example.com
- Soria: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have requested to participate in the Mentor Programme in your registration, we will send you the contact details of your student mentor.
- If you do not have the required language certificate, you must enrol in an intensive course at the University of Valladolid Language Centre, which you must compulsorily attend at the beginning of your stay.
Enrolment process and Academic Fees
Before we can carry out your enrolment, you must have submitted all the documents required in your application and they must have been validated.
As soon as we complete your enrolment, we will send you your enrolment documents and provide you with instructions to access the services that you can benefit from as a student of the University of Valladolid: virtual campus, internet connection, official email address, university card, etc.
If you need to change groups in any of your courses, in order to make their timetable compatible, simply send us a request by email.
As an international mobility student, you do not have to pay any academic fees, since they are included in the agreement between our institutions. However, you will have to pay any administrative fees specified in your enrolment document.
You will receive the document specifying which administration fees you must pay together with your enrolment document. Instructions on how to make the payment are also included.
Welcome to the University of Valladolid.
Welcome and orientation day for international mobility students.
A welcome and orientation day for international mobility students takes place a few days before the beginning of each semester, in September and February. The details about this event will be communicated by email well in advance.
The UVa will provide transport for all international mobility students who wish to participate in this event, but are located at one of the UVa campuses outside the city of Valladolid.
Practical information for your mobility is provided in this event, so your attendance is strongly recommended.
If you need an arrival certificate, you can obtain it by contacting the International Relations Office. You must provide us with the template from your home university, if they have one.
You must bear in mind that it is not possible to issue a certificate with a date preceding your academic activities.
Changes in your enrolment
If you need to change your courses, you must send us the during the mobility section of your learning agreement duly completed.
If you need to change groups in any of your courses, in order to make their timetable compatible, you just need to send us an email to request it.
Access to the UVa online services
As soon as we complete your enrolment, we will provide you instructions to access the services that you can benefit from as a student of the University of Valladolid: virtual campus, internet connection, official email address, university card, etc.
As soon as we complete your enrolment, we will send you information on how to obtain and activate your UVa card, which is essential to access all the university services and, in addition, will allow you to benefit from many advantages.
If you do not have the required language certificate, you must enrol in an intensive course at the University of Valladolid Language Centre, which you must compulsorily attend at the beginning of your stay.
Extension of the mobility period
If your mobility is during the first semester and you want to extend it to the second semester, you must fill in the document in this link and send it to us signed.
If you are granted this extension, you must send us the during the mobility section of your learning agreement duly completed with the courses you will attend during the second semester.
If what you want is to continue at the UVa during the following academic year, you must contact the office responsible for international mobility at your home university to apply for an additional mobility.
If you are not granted this extension, you will be able to stay at the UVa within the framework of the Visiting Students Programme, of free mobility.
Farewell from the University of Valladolid
Certificate of stay
If you need a certificate of stay, you can obtain it by contacting the International Relations Office. You must provide us with the template from your home university, if they have one.
You must bear in mind that it is not possible to issue a certificate with a date after the end of your academic activities.
- If you have taken all your exams in the first exam period, the end date cannot exceed the end of that exam period.
- If you take exams in the resit exam period, the end date will be that of the last exam you take. In this case, you require a certificate of attendance of the last exam you take, which you can request from the person responsible for that course. You must send this certificate to us when requesting your certificate of stay.
Transcript of Records
At the end of your stay, when all your marks have been entered in the UVa academic management system (SIGMA), the International Relations Office will prepare your Transcript of Records and send it to you by email.
The Transcript of Records is a digital document. Its validity can be checked using the verification code in the signature footer.
It is possible to download the original document form the UVa website using the link in the signature footer of the document.