Visitors' Programme

In this section, you will find all the information concerning the University of Valladolid Visiting Students Programme.

The visiting students programme allows students from other national or foreign higher education institutions to carry out temporary study periods at the University of Valladolid, outside any national or international mobility programme.

The University of Valladolid created the Visiting Students Programme in 1999 because of the large number of both Spanish and overseas students who wished to do courses at the UVa outside the framework of the Erasmus+ Exchange and Bilateral Agreement programmes.

(Regulations governing visiting students approved on 8 July 1999, BOCyL [Castilla y León Regional Gazette] of 27 July 1999 and amended by the Standing Committee of the Governing Council on 23 January 2018, BOCyL of 31 January 2018).

General Information
Who can take part
  • Language requirements: B1 level (CEFRL) certificate of the language of instruction of the courses studied, if it is not the student’s mother tongue.
  • Academic requirements: accreditation of having been enrolled in another national or foreign university at a level of studies equivalent to the courses included in the study programme at the UVa, having passed at least the equivalent to 60 ECTS.

Students may only enrol for one semester or for a full academic year.

Other information
  • The maximum number of credits that can be enrolled for is 60 for the full academic year or 30 for one semester.
  • The courses taken will in no case entitle the visiting student to be awarded an official UVa degree.
  • Students must have medical insurance (public or private, and which clearly states that they are covered in Spain) and international health transport and repatriation insurance.
  • Visiting students will receive a marks/grades certificate at the end of their stay.
  • Visiting Students will be given free access to Internet and the university’s WiFi network.
Application period
  • Students interested in studying at the UVa for the full academic year: until 31 August.
  • Students interested in studying at the UVa for the first semester(from September to January): until 31 August.
  • Students interested in studying at the UVa for the second semester(February to June): until 15 January.
Documents to be presented

Students should send the following documents by email to

  • Application form filled in PDF Word.
  • One photograph.
  • Photocopy of the passport (or ID card for European citizens).
  • Document proving that they are enrolled at a Spanish or foreign university.
  • Document accrediting their level of Spanish.

If you want us to help you to find accommodation, you should also send us this document:

  • Application for accommodation (optional)  PDF | Word.

Once all of the documents have been received, the Vice-rectorate for Internationalisation will consult the Coordinator for International Relations at the centre involved and, after having examined the application, the International Relations Office will send the student the Letter of Admission, if the student is accepted.

WHEN and WHERE to enrol

All the students who have received the Letter of Acceptance should enrol when they arrive at the University of Valladolid.

The enrolment periods are as follows:

  • First semester: in September.
  • Second semester: in February.

All students should enrol at the International Relations Office.

DOCUMENTS required for enrolment
  • Copy of their application for admission with the agreed programme of studies.
  • European health card or private medical insurance, which should clearly indicate that they are covered in Spain. This can also be acquired when they get to the University of Valladolid.


  • At the time they enrol, all students must pay the officially established fees for complementary services: opening of the academic file, student card, academic insurance, and general administration charge.
  • Students who do not have medical insurance will not be enrolled.
  • Those wishing to do a course of studies at the University of Valladolid must have a good command of Spanish, since almost all of the lessons are taught in Spanish. The University of Valladolid does, however, also offer some courses taught in English that you might be interested in.
When you get to the UVa
When you get to the UVa...
  • Formally enrol at the International Relations Office, as indicated in the "Matrícula" (enrolment) section.
  • Attend the "Orientation Day" prepared by the UVa, which will tell you everything you need to know.
  • Go to the Police Office to complete all the required procedures.
Welcome to the UVa!

You can find all the information about the University of Valladolid in our Welcome Guide.

Returning home
When you finish your stay and are returning home...
  • Before leaving, you should go to the International Relations Office to get the certificate of your stay signed.
  • You will receive the Transcript of Records or Marks/Grades Certificate by email within approximately one month after finishing your exams.

At the following link, you can find information about fees:


If you have any questions, you can contact us at:

UVa - Universidad de Valladolid, España
Servicio de Relaciones Internacionales
Casa del Estudiante
C/ Real de Burgos s/n

Contact Person: Raquel Chico
Telephone: +34 983 42 37 19

Información básica de protección de datos


Universidad de Valladolid


Gestión de las solicitudes y adjudicaciones de esta convocatoria.


Fomento de la  educación superior, la empleabilidad y la cohesión europea (6.1.e RGPD)


Opcionalmente, se podrán ceder datos para participar en el Programa Mentor y en el programa de búsqueda de alojamiento.


Acceso, rectificación, cancelación, oposición, limitación del tratamiento, olvido y portabilidad, como se explica en la información adicional

Información Adicional