International Semester on Education – Faculty of Education and Social Work (Valladolid)
This is a “cluster” of training modules for initial or permanent teachers interested in introducing a complementary strategy of teaching within the core curriculum of primary and secondary schools.
- Identify and define the key competences necessary for employability, personal fulfilment and health, active and responsible citizenship and social inclusion.
- Develop a strategy of teacher training as a set of contents focused on the European dimension of education in terms of competences for teaching in lifelong learning.
- Target group: International students interested in initial or permanent teacher training.
The key competences “on board” at primary schools*
- 8 key competences
- 30 ECTS
- 6 educational departments
- 12 enthusiastic professors involved in initial teacher training
DATES: from 11 February to 28 June 2019
* According to the Council Recommendation on Key Competences for Lifelong Learning, adopted by the Council at its 3617th meeting held on 22 May 2018
COMPETENCES IN COMMUNICATION
- The intercultural dimension in language education (2,5 ects)
- Teaching and learning languages (2,5 ects)
COMPETENCES IN MATHS EDUCATION
COMPETENCES IN DIGITAL KNOWLEDGE
COMPETENCES IN LEARN TO LEARN
SOCIAL AND CIVIC COMPETENCIES
- Geographic, Historical and Citizenship Education for the 21st Century (2,5 ects)
- Cultural dimensions of sport. Let’s go to the movies (2,5 ects)
COMPETENCES IN SENSE OF INITIATIVE AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
COMPETENCES IN CULTURAL AWARENESS AND EXPRESSION
- Music and cultural education (2,5 ects)
- Cultural Heritage Education (2,5 ects)
- Communication in English through Project Based Learning (2,5 ects)
- Integrated project (2,5 ects)
VENUE: Faculty of Education and Social Work.
Paseo de Belen, 1. 47011 Valladolid
Tel. +34 983 423 286