Procedures for foreigners

European Union citizens

If you are a European Union citizen, you should go to the police office to register for your stay.

C/Gerona s/n, Valladolid.
Opening hours: 9:00 to 14:30 (Monday to Friday).

From the Casa del Estudiante, you can take the C2 Bus.

Non EU citizens

If you are a non-EU citizen (you are from outside the European Union), you should contact the Spanish embassy in your country in order to obtain a visa so that you can come to Valladolid.

If you are staying for more than six months, you should also obtain the Foreign Identity Card (T.I.E.) at the police office when you arrive.

If you are a non-EU citizen and are going to apply for an extension to your studies because you will be staying for more than six months, you should go to the Foreign Citizens’ Office in C/Arzobispo José Delicado no. 7 in order to apply for the extension. You can apply for this 60 days before it expires.

T.I.E. Document

In order to obtain the foreign Identity Card (T.I.E.), you need to present the following documents:

  • Passport (original and copy). European Union students only need to present their national identity card.
  • Letter of acceptance or certificate of arrival issued by the University of Valladolid (original and copy).
  • European health card or medical insurance (which must be valid for Spain and must cover the full period you intend to stay).
  • Justification of financial resources.
  • 2 photos.
  • 15 euros.
Police office in Valladolid

This is located in Las Delicias district, in Calle Gerona, s/n.
From the Casa del Estudiante, you can take the bus number C2, which will leave you very close to the police office, and you can take the C1 to get back.
It is open from 9:00 to 14:30 Monday to Friday, although you are advised to go first thing in the morning (between 9:00 and 9:30).

Police office in Palencia, Segovia, and Soria

You should ask the assistant at the International Relations Office on your campus where the police office or the Foreign Citizens’ Office is in the city where you are staying.