Erasmus+ and International Agreements

In this section, you will find information concerning registration, admission and enrolment for Erasmus+ exchange and Bilateral Agreement programmes.

If you are not coming to the University of Valladolid on one of these programmes but are coming on our Visitors’ Programme, go directly to the Visitors’ Programme page and you will find all the necessary information.


If you have been selected by your university for an international mobility at the University of Valladolid...

As soon as we receive notification from your university, we will send you a message with instructions to perform your registration in the UVa academic management system (SIGMA).


  • Proof of language requirements.
  • Health insurance valid in Spain throughout the stay.
  • Accident and travel insurance that includes international medical transfer and repatriation valid in Spain throughout the stay.

If requested at registration, the International Relations Office will provide help with finding accommodation.

It is also possible to request participation in the Mentor Programme, which provides personalized assistance and attention from mentor students before arrival and during the first months of stay.

WHEN and WHERE to enrol

All students must enrol when they get to the University of Valladolid.

The enrolment periods are:

  • First semester: in September.
  • Second semester: in February.

All students must enrol at the International Relations Office, except for those who are coming to do a double degree (bachelor's or master's degree). They should enrol at their corresponding faculty/school.

DOCUMENTS required for enrolment
  • Learning Agreement or Studies contract signed by the coordinators at both the home and host universities.  (Visiting Students should present a copy of their application for admission with the agreed curriculum).
  • European health card or private medical insurance, which must clearly indicate that students are covered in Spain and which must contain insurance for international health transport and repatriation


  • At the time they enrol, all students must pay the officially established fees for complementary services: opening of the academic file, student card, academic insurance, and general administration charge.
  • Students who do not have medical insurance will not be enrolled.
  • Those wishing to do a course of studies at the University of Valladolid must have a good command of Spanish, since almost all of the lessons are taught in Spanish. The University of Valladolid does, however, also offer some courses taught in English that you might be interested in.
When you get to the UVa
When you get to the UVa...
  • Contact your mentor to let them know you have arrived and ask them for guidance.
  • Formally enrol at the International Relations Office, as indicated in the "Matrícula" (enrolment) section.
  • Attend the "Orientation Day" prepared by the UVa, which will tell you everything you need to know.
  • Go to the Police Office to complete all the required procedures.
Welcome to the UVa!

You can find all the information about the University of Valladolid in our Welcome Guide.

Returning home
When you finish your stay and are returning home...
  • Before leaving, you should go to the International Relations Office to get the certificate of your stay signed. If you are studying on the Palencia, Soria, or Segovia campus, the certificate of your stay will be given to you by your coordinating teacher.
  • You will receive the Transcript of Records or Marks Certificate by email within approximately one month after finishing your exams.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at:

UVa - Universidad de Valladolid, España
Servicio de Relaciones Internacionales
Casa del Estudiante
C/ Real de Burgos s/n

Contact Person: Raquel Chico
Telephone: +34 983 42 37 19