The University of Valladolid created the Visiting Student Programme in 1999 in view of the increasing number of Spanish and foreign students who would like to take courses at the UVa outside of the framework of any exchange programme and also aware of the role of the University in long life learning education. (Regulation on Visiting Students passed on July 8th 1999, Official Regional Bulletin of July 27th, 1999)
Who can participate
Spanish and foreign University students or University degree holders who have a good knowledge of Spanish. Students can only register for a semester or for a full academic year.
Documents to be presented
* A photograph.
* Photocopy of Passport (ID for European citizens).
* Document which makes prove of being or having been registered in a Spanish or a foreign University.
* Document which makes prove of the knowledge of Spanish language.
Deadline and place to present the documents required
* Students who are interested in studying at the UVA for the full academic year or for the first semester (September- February): until the 31st August.
* Students who are interested in studying at the UVA for the second semester (February-June): until the 15th January.
The Vice-Rectorate for International Affairs, after consultation with the Faculties or University Schools involved, is in charge of the admission of the applicant. Once admitted, the International Office will send the admission letter to the student and will inform about the subjects to be registered, the date and time to register, the accommodation options, etc.
* Visiting Students are NOT allowed to register in first year subjects. The maximum number of credits to be registered is 60 for the full academic year or 30 credits for one semester.
* The courses taken will never allow the Visiting Student to get an official degree at the UVA.
* Students must hold medical insurance either public or private, which clearly indicates coverage in Spain.
* Visiting Students will receive a University transcript of records at the end of their stay.
Public prices per academic services (updated annually)
EUROPEAN UNION STUDENTS
Fees per academic services during academic year 2016-2017 are 23.34 Euro per credit (minimum total academic fees 292.49 Euro)
NON EUROPEAN UNION STUDENTS
Fees per academic services during academic year 2016-2017 are 93.35 Euro per credit (minimum total academic fees 292.49 Euro)
Public prices per extra services (updated annually)
Fees per extra services (General administrative expenses, student insurance, student card and creation of students file) are 61.22 Euro.