15 de noviembre de 2018
Main Page Erasmus Students Exchange Students Erasmus+ KA107 Visiting Students Foreign Students Guide Academic Offer (in Spanish) Spanish Course International Welcome Point (IWP) International Semester Programs International Staff Week KA2 Capacity Building Personal Area Links Contacts

Uva Relaciones Internacionales Main Page | Foreign Students Guide

Foreign Students Guide

University of Valladolid

.Letra Normal.Letra Grande.Letra Muy Grande.Imprimir.


European Union nationals

If you are EU citizen, you must go to the Police Office at Gerona St. (Valladolid) in order to register your stay.
Opening hours: 9.00 am-14.30 pm (from Monday to Friday).

Nationals from countries outside the European Union

If you are non-EU citizen and your student visa is valid for a period longer than 6 months, you must go to the Police Office at Gerona St. (Valladolid) to apply for the “Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero”, TIE (Foreigner Identity Card). In case your stay is shorter than 6 months, you do not need to go to the Police Office.

If you are non-EU citizen and you want to extend your student visa, you must go to the Foreign Office at 7, Arzobispo José Delicado St. to apply for that extension. The application deadline is 60 days before visa expires.

T.I.E. document

In order to obtain the T.I.E. (Foreigner Identity Card) you will need the following documents (original and copy):

  • Identity card (European Union nationals) or Passport (nationals from countries outside the European Union).
  • Acceptance letter from Universidad de Valladolid or certificate of arrival (you will receive it at the International Relations or your responsible proffesor's office).
  • European Health Insurance Card or private medical valid for your whole stay in Spain.
  • Evidence of having economic means (credit card, bank report, etc.).
  • 2 passport-sized photos
  • 15 Euro

If you open a bank account or sign any kind of contract (mobile phone) and you are required the N.I.E., you will have to obtain the T.I.E. There you will find the cards number, known as the N.I.E.

Valladolid Police Office

You will find it in 'Las Delicias' district, at Gerona St. You will arrive there from “Casa del Estudiante” by bus, line C2 (take Line C1 to return).
The schedule is 9 to 14 hours from Monday until Friday (you’d rather go in the early morning, from 9 to 9:30).

Palencia, Segovia and Soria Police offices

You should ask our International Relations intern from your campus aboutwhere you can find the Police office.

Back to index